Monday, January 16, 2012

Intro

I am starting by saying that the first encounter with Mr. Reisner's Multi-Ethnic Reporting class unwrapped what this course is about. I previously thought this was a course pretty much on how to board multi-ethnic reporting from an ethical/legal or even technical stamp point. Those ideas alone made it interesting enough for me.

However, that first meeting revealed the real nature of this course: approaching multi-ethnic reporting from a more humanistic perspective free of biased, preconceived stereotypes in a fearless environment. The good reporter should be able to view through the lens of the different communities and cross the boundaries amongst them.

This is a difficult task for everyone; but, I look forward to check inside and scrutinize myself, struggle, face the unwanted and more than anything learn. I buckled up my seat-belt and I am ready for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment